I was given the liberty to take on the "green bathroom" and just fix it up! I started with a beautfiul red with a pink undertone. I knew mom and dad couldn't handle red in a major room so i thought this would be a good small space to start. WRONG! Dad absoultely hated it! Or maybe he was just mad I didn't ask his input on the color first. Mom was scared but willing to wait to see the finished product. She had faith in my artistic ability. I had already started buying accents, pictures, shower curtain/rods/rings, and accessories. Well, Dad wins. I think it's too much of a bold statement for them both. So now I am busy painting over the bright color. Im on my second coat of white primer, and then I will be back to square one, with deciding a paint color. Mom chose some pretty colors, but can't decide. I am ready to just do it. I'ts not my project anymore, I just have to do the work. I think DAd is worried we can't "do it yourself", but it just takes a little support from one another. My deadline is September 15th. Dad promised he wouldn't gripe about my mess until after that date, and it has to be finished. Wish me Luck! I would like to thank my mother for letting me pick pink and to all those who helped me to get where I am today(almost done priming, and a few spots to spackle and sand down) I am just trying to take it one day at a time. whenever I get a spare moment I try to go in and paint. It's kind
of hard when you have to use the bathroom
2 comments:
ok did you really think they would let you choose the decor?.... what they meant was we will choose the decor and you do the work! -ha you fell for it. good luck with the project - i think a yellow like you were talking about would be great
Oh yeah Dad didn't know about the color,I just did it without asking him.
Post a Comment